Mark Roemer Oakland Looks at How to Choose a Roofing Professional
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, most people choose a roofing professional based on the cost of services. However, it is crucial to consider several other important factors when choosing a roofing contractor since it is a big project that has no room for errors.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips you can follow to choose a roofing professional:
- Independent contractor vs roofing companies – It is important to distinguish between independent contractors and roofing companies since they are suitable for different types of projects. For smaller projects such as simple roof repairs, it makes sense to hire an independent roofing contractor since they can get the job done quickly and you only have to deal with a single point of contact.
However, a roofing company can offer a quicker turnaround time, longer warranty, and better deals when working on larger projects such as replacing an old roof.
- Check their experience – It is important to choose roofing professionals that have a long work experience and are well known in your locality. Sometimes, you can ask for recommendations from your friends or coworkers but always ensure you check their official website and read customer reviews online to get an idea of their previous work or track record.
Looking at their portfolio is also recommended since it can give you an idea of what to expect from their work.
- Verify their credentials, licenses, and insurance – It is necessary to verify all the important documents of a roofing service provider before hiring them. These include the required permits and licenses they must obtain to perform their job.
They must also have proper insurance that can protect you as the homeowner and them as well in cases of any accidents during the roof installation or repair process.
- Compare the price estimates – It is important to consult with many different reputed roofing contractors and get individual price estimates to get a more accurate picture of the total cost of the project. Of course, it doesn’t mean that you should choose a service provider that charges the least since you have to consider the quality of their service and the materials they provide as well.
In general, it is wise to ignore service providers that charge too low below or too high above the standard rate of roof installation and repair work.
- Check their customer service – Many times, unexpected problems can crop up that can interfere with the project. For instance, bad weather can delay the initial estimated timeline or certain sections of the roof may need to be repaired which was not within the scope of the project as discussed earlier.
It is important to discuss these details without your service provider and understand how they will handle these problems or if you are not satisfied with their work or service.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you ask a lot of questions to get a better understanding of their work process and clear any doubts that you might have. These include their business qualifications, price estimates, timeline details, safety and warranty, and more.